Today is Wednesday, Dec. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Forecast: Sunny in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. (sunrise, 7:12 a.m.; high tide, 9:37 a.m.; low tide, 3:57 p.m.; sunset, 4:14 p.m.)
2. Curbside collection of Christmas trees begins today. Remember to take off all the ornaments and trimmings. Trash collection is a day later than your usual schedule.
3. Well, another Christmas is in the books. I hope Santa brought you what you wanted. Here's a look back at our coverage of Christmas 2012 in Marblehead.
4. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay is looking for volunteer mentors and also accepts donations to support their programs. As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you spend time with a young person from the area for a few hours, a couple times each month. Here’s more on how to volunteer or donate.
5. This Day in History: The Red Sox sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees on this day in 1919. And, as a bonus, here's something to look forward to: Sox pitchers and catchers report to Fenway South in Ft. Meyers, Fla. on Feb. 10.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: