1. Weather Watch: Partly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Of course, that's just for today. As I'm sure you know, we have a big storm coming. More on that below.
sunrise, 6:50 a.m.
high tide, 8:02 a.m.
low tide, 2:27 p.m.
sunset, 5:05 p.m.
2. Coastal Flood Watch: Early Thursday morning the National Weather Service declared a coastal flood watch for Marblehead and other shore areas of eastern Massachusetts. Storm surges of two-three feet are expected to make some vulnerable shore roads impassable and the Saturday morning high tide could even threaten damage to homes on the immediate shoreline.
3. Blizzard Warning: Forecasters say we may get the biggest snow storm since the December 2010 blizzard. A blizzard warning has been declared starting Friday morning and going through Saturday. Snow accumulations of one to two feet are expected in the Marblehead area.
4. School Committee to Vote on Mediation With Construction Firm: Thursday night's meeting of the School Board shouldn't be affected by the weather, which moves in on Friday morning. At the board's 7 p.m. meeting at the high school library, one item on the agenda is a vote on non-binding mediation with G&R Construction. That's the firm some Glover School neighbors blame for allowing a subcontractor to damage their homes during blasting.
5. Marblehead Patch Has Your Back During Upcoming Storm: Keep checking back with us throughout the lead-up to, during and after the expected blizzard. We take our role providing up-to-date information and a platform for neighbors to communicate very seriously. And if you haven't already signed up for our breaking news emails, now's a good time.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: