1. Weather Watch: Showers likely, mainly after 5 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 45.
- Sunrise: 6:34 a.m.
- Low tide: 12:15 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:20 a.m.
- High tide: 6:35 p.m.
2. Old and Historic Districts Commission: The board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Abbot Hall. Addresses under discussion include 7 Waldron Court and 8 South St.
3. Magicians in Action: The varsity boys and girls hoops squads compete in the opening round of the Brad Sheridan Tournament today at Marblehead High School. The girls tip-off at 4 p.m. against AMSA Charter School and the boys take the court at 8 p.m. versus St. Mary's of Lynn.
4. Water & Sewer Budget Talks: The town's Finance Committee will hold a joint meeting with the Water & Sewer Commission on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. at 100 Tower Way, Building 11 to discuss the 2014 budget.
5. The Geological History of Salem Sound: Plan ahead for tomorrow, when Dr. Lindley Hanson, a professor at Salem State University whose specialty is the geology of New England, will give an illustrated presentation about the geologic processes that shaped our harbors and coasts. Free. 7 p.m. Wednesday at the library. This is a repeat performance of a packed-house January talk.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: