Today is Thursday, Sept. 27, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 65. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 49. (sunrise, 6:36 a.m.; high tide, 9:45 a.m.; low tide, 3:44 p.m.; sunset, 6:31 p.m.)
2. A local teen arrested earlier this month for possessing approximately five ounces of marijuana and 33 unmarked white pill capsules was arraigned in court Wednesday afternoon for allegedly assaulting a local police officer on Pleasant Street Tuesday night. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Board of Health will meet tonight in the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding flu clinic dates, according to the posted agenda.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity girls' soccer team will host Danvers this afternoon at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Sept. 27, 1995, the United States unveiled the first of its redesigned bank notes with the $100 bill, featuring a larger portrait of Benjamin Franklin.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.