Today is Monday, Sept. 24, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a warm fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 63. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 49. (sunrise, 6:33 a.m.; high tide, 6:44 a.m.; low tide, 12:40 p.m.; sunset, 6:36 p.m.)
2. Hundreds of town residents crowded into Abbot Hall Sunday afternoon to meet and honor the local Olympians who put Marblehead on the map with their performances at the summer games in London. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Site-Based Management Team for Malcolm L. Bell School will meet this afternoon in the school's library on Baldwin Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., is expected to feature an update from the principal, according to the posted agenda.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity field hockey team will take on Revere this afternoon at Seaside Park. The game is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Sept. 24, 1780, Congress passed the Judiciary Act, creating the offices of the US Attorney General and orders the composition of the US Supreme Court.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.