Today is Wednesday, Oct. 31, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another wet and windy day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy and rainy, with a high near 62. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. (sunrise, 7:16 a.m.; high tide, 12:44 p.m.; sunset, 5:37 p.m.; low tide, 7:01 p.m.)
2. A Lynn man accused of grabbing a young girl in front of her mother on Atlantic Avenue Sunday night was arraigned on a charge of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 and ordered held on $2,500 cash bail Monday in Lynn District Court. Click Here for our full story.
3. Just when you thought Sandy had left the area, a powerful thunderstorm dumped torrential rains on Marblehead Tuesday night and had local emergency responders dealing with reports of flash-flooding across town. Click Here to see and share photos from the storm, which hit shortly after 8 p.m.
4. We asked, you answered and we received dozens of entries to our Pet Halloween Costume Contest. That left us with a tall task - having to choose the finalists so you can vote for your favorite! Our editors spent hours going through all the entries and selected their 10 favorites. Click Here to vote for your favorite.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 31, 1941, after 14 years of work, Mt. Rushmore was completed.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.