Today is Wednesday, Oct. 17, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high in the lower 60s. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low in the mid 40s. (sunrise, 6:59 a.m.; low tide, 6:41 a.m.; high tide, 12:55 p.m.; sunset, 5:57 p.m.)
2. Is driving through Salem this Halloween season giving you headaches? Bookmark this interactive map to get up-to-the-minute traffic updates for the Marblehead area.
3. The Marblehead Board of Health will be sponsoring a flu clinic tomorrow at Village School. The event is scheduled to run from 3 to 6 p.m. and shots will be available for residents over the age of 5. Click Here for all the details.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity golf team will take on Xavarian this afternoon at Tedesco Country Club. The match is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 17, 1888, Thomas Edison filed the patent for the Optical Phonograph (the first movie).
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.