Today is Monday, Oct. 15, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be an unseasonably warm fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local resdients can expect showers this afternoon, and a high near 68. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. (sunrise, 6:56 a.m.; high tide, 11:19 a.m.; low tide, 5:36 p.m.; sunset, 6:00 p.m.)
2. A new Italian restaurant may be opening in the former home of Moran Studios on Atlantic Avenue. The Zoning Board of Appeals will sit down with John Paul Comella, co-owner of Comella's Restaurants, during a public hearing at Abbot Hall later this month, according to the posted agenda. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Rockhopper Cafe on Washington Street has closed its doors. The cafe was closed over the weekend, the hours of operation have been taken out of the window and the interior entrance at Haley's Wine & Spirits blocked off. Click Here for all the details.
4. Looking for a good reason to cheer? Marblehead High School's varsity golf team will take on Swampscott this afternoon at Tedesco Country Club. The Magicians defeated Big Blue at a match last week, Click Here to check out some photos from the action on the links.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 15, 2008, The Down Jones Industrial Average closed down 733.08 points, or 7.87%.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.