Today is Friday, Nov. 9, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 49. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 36. (sunrise, 6:27 a.m.; high tide, 6:31 a.m.; low tide, 12:41 p.m.; sunset, 4:26 p.m.)
2. A Marblehead man accused of stabbing his pregnant girlfriend to death in a Salem apartment in 2009 was found guilty on two counts of first-degree murder Thursday afternoon in Salem Superior Court and was sentenced to serve two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. Click Here for our full story.
3. Looking for a good reason to cheer this weekend? Marblehead High School's varsity football team will take on the Beverly Panthers tomorrow afternoon at Hurd Stadium. The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
4. Want to be a North Pole Idol? A Dancer's Dream will be holding auditions tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.! So, if you're talented and you want to have a chance to win the $500 cash prize, Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 9, 1620, Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower first spotted land at Cape Cod.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.