Today is Monday, Nov. 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 6:22 a.m.; low tide, 9:02 a.m.; high tide, 3:15 p.m.; sunset, 4:30 p.m.)
2. Marblehead High School's boys' and girls' varsity soccer teams both lost to Wilmington in the playoffs over the weekend. Check back with Marblehead Patch later this afternoon for photos and videos from game action. Congratulations to both teams on a great season.
3. Marblehead's Harbors & Waters Board will meet this evening in the Harbormaster's Office on Ferry Lane. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding progress on the Stramski Pier, according to the posted agenda.
4. We asked, you answered and we received dozens of entries to our Pet Halloween Costume Contest. That left our readers with a tall task - having to choose the winner. Click Here to see who ended up winning this year's contest.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 5, 1895, George B. Selden was granted the first US patent for an automobile.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.