Today is Wednesday, Nov. 28, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a slight chance of rain between noon and 4 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. (sunrise, 6:50 a.m.; high tide, 10:50 a.m.; sunset, 4:12 p.m.; low tide, 5:00 p.m.)
2. A vehicle fire was quickly extinguished outside of Starbucks Coffee on Pleasant Street Monday morning. Click Here for a look at this morning's police log post, which includes some more information about the incident.
3. We’re launching our annual Deck the House Contest to find the most over-the-top holiday decorations in America—the best “decked” house in the country. If this sounds like your house, upload a photo or video of your home to our contest page from Nov. 26 to Dec. 16.
4. The Old Burial Hill Committee will meet this afternoon in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 3 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about an ongoing restoration project at the Orne Street cemetery.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 28, 1942, a fire in the Cocoanut Grove nightclub killed 491 people.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.