Today is Tuesday, Nov. 27, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Don't be surprised if you see a few flurries today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a chance of snow showers before 2 p.m, then a chance of rain showers. Otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 38. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 30. (sunrise, 6:49 a.m.; high tide, 10:03 a.m.; low tide, 4:21 p.m.; sunset, 4:12 p.m.)
2. Wondering what's going on inside the space formerly occupied by The Rockhopper Cafe on Washington Street? You're not the only one - we recently found out that a new cafe is coming to downtown Marblehead. Click Here for more information about the future of Haley's Market Cafe.
3. The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the tearing down of a home on Cornell Road, according to the posted agenda.
4. The readers have voted, and the winner of our Marblehead Patch Facebook page cover photo contest is Bruce Durkee for his amazing photo of Marblehead Harbor at dawn. Click Here to check it out.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 27, 1934, infamous bank robber Baby Face Nelson died in a shoot-out with the FBI.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.