Today is Monday, Nov. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a nice day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 45. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 29. (sunrise, 6:48 a.m.; high tide, 9:23 a.m.; low tide, 3:40 p.m.; sunset, 4:13 p.m.)
2. The Marblehead Police Department will soon be part of an information-sharing program aimed at making the details gathered by police departments across the Commonwealth available to local officers in an instant. Click Here for our full story.
3. Marblehead High School's varsity football team fell to the Big Blue of Swampscott 25-16 in the annual Thanksgiving Day game. Click Here for photos from the game, which drew hundreds of area residents to Blocksidge Field in Swampscott.
4. Looking for something fun to do in Marblehead? Consider stopping by the Marblehead Museum and Historical Society on Washington Street to take a look at their extensive collection of J.O.J Frost Folk Art. Click Here for a gallery featuring some of the museum's pieces.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 26, 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Nov. 26 as national Thanksgiving Day, to be celebrated annually on the final Thursday of November.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.