Today is Friday, Nov. 2, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for some wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers after 1 p.m. Otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 53. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 40. (sunrise, 7:19 a.m.; low tide, 7:49 a.m.; high tide, 2:01 p.m.; sunset, 5:34 p.m.)
2. Wondering when the Marblehead Fire Department's new quint ladder truck will arrive in Marblehead? You're not the only one - Click Here for our full story, which is the focus of this week's You Ask...Patch Answers column.
3. Marblehead High School's varsity football team will take on the Danvers Falcons tonight at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 7p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
4. Don White and Christine Lavin will be performing tonight at the Me and Thee Coffee House on Mugford Street. The concert is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. and tickets are $25 in advance, $28 at the door. Click Here for all the details.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 2, 1947, designer Howard Hughes performed the maiden (and only) flight of the Spruce Goose or H-4 The Hercules; the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.