Today is Monday, Nov. 19, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be an unseasonably warm day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 48. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 33. (sunrise, 6:40 a.m.; low tide, 8:59 a.m.; high tide, 3:18 p.m.; sunset, 4:17 p.m.)
2. The Marblehead Police Department will be cracking down on unregistered street vendors at this year's Christmas Walk and at Santa's arrival by lobster boat at the State Street Landing. Click Here for details about the discussion that took place at Wednesday night's meeting of the Board of Selectmen.
3. We asked, you answered and we received some great entries to our Marblehead Patch Facebook page cover photo contest. Voting opens today, so, Click Here, scroll through our photos, pick your choice to win and tell us which in the comments section by indicating the picture number.
4. Marblehead High School senior girls expressed their joy with screams and some tears following their 44-32 victory over the Big Blue of Swampscott in a much-anticipated Powderpuff flag football game at Piper Field Friday night. Click Here to check out some wonderful photographs from the game.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 19, 1863, Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address at the dedication of the military cemetery ceremony in Gettysburg, Penn.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.