Today is Monday, March 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Be sure to bundle up before you leave the house today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local resident can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 18. (sunrise, 6:11 a.m.; high tide, 9:24 a.m.; low tide, 2:43 p.m.; sunset, 5:38 p.m.)
2. 's boys' varsity hockey team was bounced from the Division III North state tournament by the Rockport Vikings Sunday night at Stoneham Arena. Check out these .
3. The Open Space Committee will meet in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall this afternoon to go over the results of a recently conducted . The meeting is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.
4. The town's Harbors and Waters Board will meet tonight on Ferry Lane. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about progress on the project.
5. Today in History: On March 5, 1770, five Americans were killed by British troops in Boston. The event would later come to be known as The Boston Massacre.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.