Today is Tuesday, Jan. 8, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be an unseasonably warm winter day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 44. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 7:12 a.m.; high tide, 7:17 a.m.; low tide, 1:44 p.m.; sunset, 4:28 p.m.)
2. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall to hear new Town Adminstrator Jeff Chelgren deliver the State of Marblehead. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. Click Here for our full story.
3. Members of the Marblehead Fire Department completed their annual ice rescue training Monday afternoon at Redds Pond. Click Here to check out some video footage of the training - and remember, fire officials don't consider any of our local ponds safe for skating.
4. Marblehead High School's swim team will host Lynn Classical this afternoon at the Lynch van Otterloo YMCA on Leggs Hill Road. The meet is scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m., so if you're free, consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Jan. 8, 1790, George Washington delivered the first State of the Union address in New York city.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.