Today is Thursday, Jan. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will feel like spring out there again today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 38. There's a chance of rain and snow showers tonight before 10 p.m. and the low should be around 35. (low tide, 6:52 a.m.; sunrise, 7:03 a.m.; high tide, 1:08 p.m.; sunset, 4:48 p.m.)
2. Starting today, our weekly has been moved to Thursdays. The Then & Now photo quiz tests our readers to see if they can guess when a historic photograph of Marblehead was taken.
3. Want to encourage your kids to dive into a book? will be reading this afternoon from 4 to 4:30 p.m. The store promises to teach your kids Willow's special dance, which is "sure to bring a big snow storm!"
4. 's gymnastics team will tonight. The meet is schedule to begin at 7:45 p.m. at the , so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
5. Today in History: On Jan. 26, 1863, General Joseph Hooker took over the Army of the Potomac.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.