Today is Tuesday, Dec. 4, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be another unseasonably warm day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 52. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 50. (sunrise, 6:57 a.m.; low tide, 8:33 a.m.; high tide, 2:44 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. Every find yourself thinking back to the good old days? This week's installment of This Week in Marblehead History offers a look back at some of the stories that were making headlines on this week in 1975. Click Here for your Tuesday morning flashback.
3. The Marblehead Historical Commission will meet this morning on the second floor of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding several ongoing restoration projects, according to the posted agenda.
4. The photo attached to this morning's 5 Things post was taken Monday afternoon from Stramski's Beach. The photograph earned us more than 50 likes on our Facebook page overnight. Did you snap a photo of Monday's sunset? Feel free to share them with your neighbors here.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 4, 1875, notorious New York City politician Boss Tweed escaped from prison and fled to Spain.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.