Today is Friday, May 27, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Marblehead today, The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect areas of dense fog before 11 a.m. but otherwise it should be mostly sunny, with a high near 72. There is a slight chance for showers and thunderstorms tonight, with an overnight low around 59. (sunrise, 5:11 a.m.; high tide, 7:56 a.m.; low tide, 1:57 p.m.; sunset, 8:09 p.m.)
2. will hold this morning. At 8 a.m., parents and guardians are welcome to come and join Principal Ken Weinstein for a cup of coffee and educational updates.
3. 's will be continue today. MVMS students will be raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to help find a cure for diabetes. If you haven't yet, donate to a student or go online to www.jdrf.org/kidswalk and locate MVMS to donate online
4. There will be reception for the at on Washington Street at 5 p.m. this evening. The exhibit will remain on display at the gallery through early July. This event is free and open to all.
5. Today in history: On May 27, 1813, while fighting in the War of 1812, American forces capture Fort George in Ontario, Canada.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.