Today is Wednesday, Dec. 13, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 42. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 35. (sunrise, 7:05 a.m.; high tide, 10:24 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; low tide, 4:48 p.m.)
2. The 14th Annual Family Holiday Sing-along with Dara VanRemoortel will be held at the Marblehead Community Center tonight, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Admission is a new, unwrapped toy for a local Toy Drive. Following the sing-along, there will be a visit from a very special guest! (Ho! Ho! Ho!)
3. Casa Corona, an authentic Mexican restaurant that opened on Smith Street in August, was granted Marblehead's first ever carry-in alcoholic beverage license at Wednesday's meeting of the Board of Selectmen. Which means that beginning today, patrons can bring a bottle of wine or a couple of beers along with them when they stop by for lunch or dinner.
4. The Conservation Commission will meet tonight in the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the construction of the town's new transfer station, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 13, 2003, former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was captured near his home town of Tikrit.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.