Our New England Patriots will host the Houston Texans this afternoon, which has many local residents are wondering where the best place in town is to catch the game.
Here are five local places to catch Sunday's Patriots game while enjoying a meal, a drink and good times with other Patriots fans:
1. The Landing: The bar side of The Landing Restaurant is a great place to catch a Patriots game. Flat screen televisions located throughout the bar are angled so that no matter where a patron is sitting, the game action is right in front of them. So consider stopping by this Front Street bar Wednesday night to see if our Patriots are headed to the AFC Championship game.
2. Three Cod Tavern: The Three Cod Tavern on Pleasant Street is always full of fans captivated by a row of well-placed flat-screen televisions behind the bar. Whether the home team is winning or losing, the Three Cod is a great place to get comfortable for the big game and talk with some local fans who really know what they're talking about.
3. Maddie's Sail Loft: Although it is often crowded quarters at Maddie's, the atmosphere during a Patriots game is electric. Whether it be downstairs or upstairs, Maddie's Sail Loft on State Street is a great option for a local resident looking for a place where they can cheer on the Patriots and high-five a couple of new friends during the game.
4. The Hurricane: The Hurricane, located on Washington Street, has a number of flat-screen televisions behind their bar and will definitely be showing the game Sunday night. With a wide variety of food available from the kitchen, The Hurricane is a great spot to settle in and root for the home team.
5. Hungry Betty's Bar & Grille: Hungry Betty's located on the second floor above Dunkin' Donuts in Village Plaza has a wide variety of gourmet menu items that would be a perfect compliment to an action-packed Patriots game. A couple of large flat-screen televisions behind the bar are a great way to stay up-to-the-minute on game action while taking in a meal and a drink with friends.
Did your favorite spot to catch a game not make our list? Let us know where you'll be watching in the comments section below.