A question we had for you several days ago was what would you like to see in the vacant 950-square-foot space at 146 Washington St.?
It's smack dab in the middle of the old part of town, the former site of Captn's Bakery and the short-lived site of the Orchard Bakery.
Here are your suggestions:
- Fish market
- Sewing and fabric shop.
- Bring back the Bide-A-Wee!
- A and J King satelite bakery
- The dollar store haha
- A bakery could work, but it would actually have to be open when customers want to shop there! The first bakery in this spot was open such odd hours, it was hard not to wonder how serious the owners actually were. The first time you go to buy something during whatever YOU consider NORMAL business hours and they aren't open, is probably the last time you will try?
- I like Flynnies idea...A fish market!!!
- A & J King would be great, or bring back Iggy's!
- oh, I like the A & J King bakery idea!!! Great breads!
- another bakery
- Butcher shop
- antique store
- Duncan donuts drive-thru
one slot machine and a cashier?
The space's plumbing and electrical service is already built out for a food establishment such as a bakery or take-out restaurant, said Rich Cooper of RE/MAX Advantage Real Estate. It also comes with a full basement, he said.