1. Weather Watch: Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -12. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. (sunrise, 7:04 a.m.; high tide, 9:08 a.m.; low tide, 3:27 p.m.; sunset, 4:47 p.m.)
2. Cold Weather Tips From the Town: The town has a nice summary of ways to keep yourself — and your house — safe as we face the coldest temperatures of the year. I've attached the PDF to this post.
3. Magicians in Action: The high school's varsity gymnastics squad has a home meet versus Gloucester at 7:30 p.m. at the YMCA.
4. School Committee to Discuss Textbooks: School Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the high school's library. The agenda (attached as a PDF) includes adoption of textbooks.
5. Vance Gilbert in Concert: Looking ahead to Friday, Me & Thee Coffeehouse has another great acoustic concert in the works. . Gilbert is well known in folk circles. For a taste of his sound, here's a tribute he wrote for Sandy Hook Elementary School. $20.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: