Today is Monday, Dec. 3, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 39. (sunrise, 6:56 a.m.; low tide, 7:47 a.m.; high tide, 1:59 p.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.)
2. The owners of Casa Corona, Marblehead's new Mexican restaurant on Smith Street, are hoping to get the green light on their recently-filed BYOB license application at the next meeting of the Board of Selectmen.
3. The Harbors and Waters Board will meet tonight at the Harbormaster's office on Ferry Lane. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature an update regarding the Commercial Street pier, according to the posted agenda.
4. The Christmas tree aboard the USS Constitution was lit during a ceremony in Boston on Sunday. Click Here to view some photos from the annual event that were posted on the ship's Facebook page Sunday night.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 3, 1976, an assassination attempt was made on Bob Marley. He was shot twice, but played in a concert two days later.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.