Today is Friday, Dec. 14, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 7:05 a.m.; high tide, 11:17 a.m.; sunset, 4:10 p.m.; low tide, 5:41 p.m.)
2. Marblehead firefighters knocked down a two-alarm blaze on McKinley Road early Thursday morning. We've got some more details this morning about the outstanding job that local firefighters did to extinguish the fire. Click Here for our full story.
3. Looking for something to do tonight? Marblehead High School's boys' varsity basketball team will host the Danvers Falcons tonight at the high school. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so, if you're free, consider stopping by to cheer them on.
4. The Finance Committee will meet this morning in the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding "committee reorganization", according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Dec. 14, 1903, The Wright brothers made their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, N.C.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.