Invite a friend
Marblehead Festival of Arts Plans 41st Annual Art Auction
Marblehead Festival of Arts Plans are Set for 41st Annual Art Auction
Marblehead MA (March 27, 2012) – “The Marblehead Festival of Arts has a large number of outstanding items ready for our 41st annual Art Auction on April 14, ranging from beautiful art pieces in many mediums done by talented area artists, to varied gift certificates for goods and services around the area and Boston.
“All will be presented at Abbot Hall, 188 Washington Street, beginning at 5 pm with the silent auction and the live auction at 7:15 with our wonderful auctioneer Gene Arnould,” stated Lynne DeVoe, Festival President. She added, “The Art Auction is a major fundraiser for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts, traditionally held over the July 4th holiday dating back to 1962.
“We look forward to a large and enthusiastic crowd at this year’s Auction. We are adding new dimensions to past favorites to assure everyone has a great time and comes away with winning items they can be really excited about.”
Many local artists are donating the best of their works to the Auction event, and the Festival is grateful to all for their support.
- Among the participating artists are Tammy Smith of Marblehead, a watercolorist whose broad, big brushstrokes showcase her amazing expressiveness, and Joan Frank, a Gloucester artist who works primarily in oils. Additionally, Eyal Oren will offer one of his amazing landscape photographs of Marblehead, his adopted home town. Forrest Rodts, also of Marblehead, specializes in fine maritime art to express his passion for maritime history. Numerous ceramic and craft items will also be presented.
- A one of a kind tote made from a Marblehead Festival of Arts 25th Anniversary Program has been created for this event by Couture Planet, a fashion company committed to providing stylish, earth-friendly products.
- The Maine Arts Camp, which provides experiences in both the visual and performing arts for youths 8-15 years of age, has donated a $300 gift certificate to be used toward a 2012 summer camp tuition. The camp is located in scenic Maine, between Waterville and Belfast.
- Also focusing on the arts are a pair of tickets to each of the 2012 Marblehead Summer Jazz Concerts, a fabulous crystal vase from Surroundings and beautiful necklaces from Fred Finkel and Bobbles and Lace.
- Among other intriguing items are a catered-at-home dinner for four generously presented by Dario’s, coupled with a substantial gift card from Shubie’s Marketplace. A wonderful evening is in store for the high bidder.
- There will also be a four-hour luncheon cruise aboard a magnificent 40-foot sailboat. Sailing out of Marblehead, the lucky winner will select a day in June, July or August.
- Other fun items include museum memberships, hotel and restaurant accommodations and health and fitness offerings. Be sure to look for the authentic Boston Bruins hockey puck, autographed by the 2010 team captain, Zdena Chara.
Auction attendees will enjoy delicious hors-d’oeuvres catered by Every Little Breeze Catering of Marblehead, which delights in offering original recipes with an imaginative presentation. Starlight Creatives and Edible Arrangements will be providing delicious desserts, while Atomic Café will serve their wonderful coffee. Delectable wine tastings will be donated by Kappy’s Fine Wine & Spirits. Music and pleasant conversation will fill the room, creating a most pleasant ambiance.
Door prizes will include a magnificent seasonal floral arrangement by Flores Mantilla, whose fine work is known all over the North Shore.
Beginning April 2, Auction tickets will be on sale for $25 at these Marblehead locations: Arnould Gallery and Framery (111 Washington Street), Shubie’s Marketplace (16 Atlantic Avenue) and Spirit of ‘76 Bookstore (107 Pleasant Street)). Tickets sold at the door on April 14 will be $30.
Prior to the auction, on Tuesday, April 10, there will be an Auction Preview at the Landing Restaurant, 81 Front Street, and all are welcome to get a sneak peak at some of this year’s items. The Landing is also sponsoring a Charity Night that evening, where the restaurant will donate 20 percent of the dining room guests’ food tabs to the Festival of Arts. “We are grateful to Robert Simonelli and the Landing for their ongoing support and generosity,” DeVoe said.
To view Auction items, keep an eye on the Marblehead Festival of Arts Facebook page and the Web site. In addition, for more information, visit www.MarbleheadFestival.org.