Turkey Plays Chicken With Mercedes Benz
The following was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police log:
Thursday, Feb. 3
- At 7:50 a.m., police received a call about a turkey in the roadway at Puritan Road and West Shore Drive. The caller told police "a 4' tall turkey was having a face off with a Mercedes." The caller told police the Mercedes backed up and went around the bird but another car would probably hit it.
- At 8:37 a.m., police arrested Delbert Glidden, 27, 99 High St., Hampton, N.H., on charges of driving with a suspended license after a motor vehicle stop on Pleasant Street.
- At 4:02 p.m., a resident called police to complain about harassing phone calls, she believes are directed at her child.
- At 5:27 p.m., a bicyclist was struck at Mohawk Road and Smith Street.
- At 8:51 p.m., a resident called police about a suspicious vehicle on Goldthwaite Road. The resident told police the car stopped and a group of kids got out. Police did not find anyone in the area.
Friday, Feb. 3
- Police made a motor vehicle stop on Lafayette Street at 1:38 a.m. for speeding.
- At 6:37 a.m., a branch came down on wires on Robert Road.
- At 6:38 a.m., police made a motor vehicle stop on Lafayette Street and Widger Road for a red light violation at Pleasant and Ocean.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org