The Pearfect Dish
Every once in a while, after the dishes are cleared and we've moved on from dinner, we deserve to indulge in some heavenly dessert and this dish is the perfect option.
These are decadent delights sure to perfectly complement your meal and end your day with a smile. One very important element is to not skimp on the ingredients; for example, do not substitute skim for buttermilk, low fat instead of full fat, etc. You live once; yes, moderation is key but when you do decide to splurge once in a while just go for it and you'll be glad you did.
Jules' Pear Fritters
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tsps sugar 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, full fat...do not skimp here!
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 peeled and cored pears
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon, vanilla or peach ice cream (mint flavored sorbet is also amazing with this), for garnish, optional
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Maple syrup for garnish
- Basil, finely chopped for garnish
How You'll Do It:
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, sugar, cinnamon sugar and sour cream. Add flour. Set aside.
- Slice the cored pears into rings. Heat the oil in skillet. Dip rings into batter and place in hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
- Top with ice cream and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and powered sugar, if desired.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with a basil, if desired.
Spring is on our doorsteps and why not ring it in full force?