'Strange Man in a Cape' on Green Street
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, Oct. 4:
- At 7:52 a.m., police responded to a report of speeding cars near the intersection of Angenica Terrace and Leggs hill Road.
- At 8:39 a.m., a Front Street resident called police to complain about a trailer that had been parked in front of their house for three days.
- At 9:02 a.m., a resident called police to report that a vehicle had left a large oil trail down the middle of Franklin and Washington streets.
- At 11:33 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Alden Road.
- At 11:35 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report that a GPS had been taken from their 2004 Honda Civic on Elm Street.
- At 11:55 a.m., a Hines Court woman entered the police station to report that someone used her social security number to file taxes.
- At 2:10 p.m., a Fader Place man called police to report losing a set of keys two days ago at Orne Playground.
- At 2:29 p.m., police were alerted to a disabled motor vehicle on West Shore Drive.
- At 3:08 p.m., a Work For America employee stopped by the station to let police know they would be going door-to-door throughout town.
- At 4:35 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that a diamond had fallen off of a necklace sometime Monday.
- At 5:04 p.m., police responded to a 911 call on Johns Road.
- At 6:02 p.m., a Taft Street resident called police to report a "strange male hanging around by the mailboxes wearing a cape" on Green Street. Police were unable to locate the man.
- At 6:33 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Village Street and West Shore Drive involving a 2004 Toyota Sienna and a 2002 Hyundai Elantra. The DPW was called to the scene to deal with fluids in the road, both cars were towed and a driver was cited for operating to endanger.
- At 6:35 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Tioga Way.
- At 6:47 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
- At 11:12 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Broadmere Way.
Friday, Oct. 5:
- At 12:09 a.m., police assisted a Humphrey Street woman who reportedly fell out of bed.
- At 12:10 a.m., police were alerted to the fact that a drunk woman on Front Street was attempting to drive her vehicle.
- At 12:30 a.m., police responded to a report of a loud party on Maverick Street.
- At 3:54 a.m., police responded to a domestic disturbance on Green Street.
- At 4:48 a.m., police assisted with a lift assist on Orne Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.