Silly String Complaint on Sewall Street
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Saturday, Dec. 1:
- At 8:44 a.m., police received word than an unauthorized vendor was down near The Landing, preparing to sell items for the parade. The vendors were reportedly moved along by police. Click Here for a story about the Chamber of Commerce's request that police crack down on holiday peddlers.
- At 9:06 a.m., a Sewall Street business owner called police to complain about silly string all over the front of their building.
- At 10:02 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 10:15 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Cypress Street.
- At 10:27 a.m., police conducted a property check on Maple Street.
- At 10:32 a.m., police units assisted with the 2012 Christmas Walk Parade.
- At 11:52 a.m., police responded to a report of two infants left unattended in a vehicle on Washington Street. The vehicle reportedly left the area before officers arrived.
- At 12:35 p.m., a Green Street resident entered the police station to request assistance with a landlord tenant dispute.
- At 1:10 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 2:17 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 4:55 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Brookhouse Road.
- At 5:00 p.m., police responded to a neighbor complaint on Broughton Road.
- At 5:51 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a 3-year-old with a head laceration on Broughton Road. The mother of the child reportedly took them to the North Shore Children's Hospital.
- At 9:12 p.m., police responded to a reported hit-and-run accident on Orne Street. James H. Wade, 22, of 33 Birch St., Marblehead, was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, second offense; operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs, second offense; leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and resisting arrest.
- At 10:58 p.m., a resident on State Street called police to report an altercation between two men. The men reportedly left the area, but allegedly made comments about "shooting up the bar".
Sunday, Dec. 2:
- At 5:42 a.m., police assisted an 84-year-old woman on Old Salem Road who reportedly fell out of her chair.
- At 8:08 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Brookhouse Road.
- At 8:14 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Widger Road.
- At 9:43 a.m., a wallet was reportedly discovered in the bushes on Seaview Avenue.
- At 11:36 a.m., police responded to a reported disturbance on West Shore Drive. The caller said "a man in all black was screaming and carrying on."
- At 5:57 p.m., a resident at the intersection of Lafayette and Pleasant streets called police to complain about a group of kids riding "some kind of motorized bikes with no lights" and they were afraid they could get hurt.
- At 6:56 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Foster Street.
- At 7:22 p.m., police responded to a road rage incident at the intersection of Pleasant and Smith streets.
- At 9:14 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Village Street.
- At 10:00 p.m., a Washington Street resident who reportedly fell down their front stairs was taken to the hospital.
Monday, Dec. 3:
- At 6:46 a.m., police responded to a complaint regarding a "white school bus van that can't stay on the right side of the road" on Hawkes Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.