Rocket Launch at Village School
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Wednesday, May 23:
- At 7:59 a.m., a pink lacrosse stick was reportedly found by Village School.
- At 8:57 a.m., A Farrell Court man called police to complain about drumming coming from the Marblehead Community Charter Public School.
- At 9:21 a.m., a Jersey Street man called police to report losing a black leather wallet.
- At 10:36 a.m., a local resident entered the police station with a pair of prescription glasses found on the bushes near the intersection of Elm Street and Evans Road.
- At 10:40 a.m., police received word that a student had left Marblehead High School early.
- At 11:21 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Churchill Road.
- At 12:04 p.m., a motorist in a 1999 Isuzu Trooper was ticketed for failure to stop at the intersection of Prospect and Pleasant streets.
- At 12:06 p.m., an Ocean Avenue resident called police to report that an "outside cement table" had been thrown into the ocean.
- At 12:38 p.m., a local resident called police to report that they believed underage kids had just purchased cigarettes at Richdale's Convenience Store.
- At 5:30 p.m., a rocket launch permit was granted by police for a rocket launch behind Village School.
- At 6:35 p.m., police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Leggs Hill Road and Tedesco Street involving a 2001 Toyota Corolla and a 2001 Honda Civic. The accident did not result in any injuries.
- At 11:10 p.m., a Devereux Street woman called police to report that her husband was "acting strange and throwing things at her."
Thursday, May 24:
- At 6:02 a.m., a Village Street resident called police to complain about a group of women on the track at Village School because activity cannot start there until 7 a.m.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.