Reported Home Invasion on Harbor View Lane
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, July 12:
- At 8:28 a.m., a woman on Creesy Street called police to report that her sneakers had been stolen.
- At 8:42 a.m., a woman called police to report that her husband lost his Prius keys sometime on Wednesday.
- At 8:58 a.m., police responded to a report of a trash truck hitting a tree near the intersection of West Shore Drive and Rainbow Road. Traffic was temporarily rerouted around the accident while the tree and roots were removed.
- At 10:02 a.m., a man entered the police station to report that his 2003 Lexus ES300 was keyed on Broadmere Way.
- At 10:07 a.m., a man entered the police station to report that someone had hit his car, done "several thousand dollars worth of damage" and left a note. The man asked police for assistance in filing a report.
- At 11:30 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Kimball Street.
- At 11:30 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report that she recently lost her prescription eyeglasses. They were described as having a thin black plastic frame.
- At 11:56 a.m., police were alerted to a "fire on Children's Island." The Habormaster, who responded, reportedly found that the caretakers were burning cardboard boxes and someone mistakenly threw a tent on the fire which caused heavy black smoke.
- At 2:10 p.m., a Hereford Road woman called police to report "screaming" coming from the house behind her home.
- At 2:27 p.m., police responded to a 911 call from a home on Seaview Avenue.
- At 5:10 p.m., a Commercial Street resident called police to report that an undisclosed amount of jewelry had been stolen.
- At 6:25 p.m., police were alerted to a solicitor in the area of Seaview Avenue.
- At 7:19 p.m., a man entered the police station to report that "someone shot his car window with a BB gun while he was driving" near the intersection of West Shore Drive and Turner Road. The window reportedly didn't shatter but had a "hole that looks like the size of a BB went through it."
- At 7:24 p.m., a woman on Mechanic Street called police to report that a car was blocking her driveway.
- At 9:00 p.m., a Harbor View Lane resident called police after coming downstairs to find that their screen doors had been cut and there were items "all over the floor." The caller reportedly said they could "hear noises upstairs." A K9 unit was called to the scene and the Harbormaster responded to illuminate the coastline while officers looked for "up to two suspects." No arrests were made.
- At 9:31 p.m., a Broughton Road man called police to report that kids were banging on his windows.
- At 9:32 p.m., police responded to a reported domestic disturbance on Broughton Road.
- At 10:47 p.m., police responded to a report of a "crazy lady banging" on a man's front door on Creesy Street.
Friday, July 13:
- At 12:47 a.m., police received a report of a man driving with his door open near the intersection of Birch and Lafayette streets. The man reportedly told police he was looking for scrap metal.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.