Police Respond to 'Loud Praying' on Chestnut Street
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, Jan. 3:
- At 7:45 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 8:38 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on West Shore Drive.
- At 9:05 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Westport Lane.
- At 9:24 a.m., Marblehead Firefighters responded to a request for mutual aid as the result of a three-alarm fire on Andrew Road in Swampscott.
- At 11:05 a.m., police stopped a motor vehicle at the intersection of Beacon Street and Crowninshield Road. George M. Landry, 48, of 275 Nason Road, Shapleigh, Maine, was arrested on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- At 1:56 p.m., police responded to a report of a gas odor inside a house on Cleveland Road. National Grid was called to the scene.
- At 2:22 p.m., an employee at Marblehead High School called police to report that they were in possession of Facebook posts that contained "threats of physical violence and death threats."
- At 11:29 p.m., police responded to a report of people screaming near the intersection of Chestnut Street and Atlantic Avenue. A responding officer determined that a man was "praying loudly."
Friday, Jan. 4:
- At 12:02 a.m., police dispersed a small group in a parking lot on Gerry Street.
- At 2:10 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Village Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.