Suspicious Man Reported on Central Street
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Sept. 11:
- At 7:53 a.m., a purse found near the intersection of Jersey and Shepard streets was turned over to police.
- At 8:06 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint near the intersection of Brook Road and Rose Avenue.
- At 8:08 a.m., police received word that a 5-year-old boy had run off from his disabled grandmother while walking to school on Mohawk Road. The child was reportedly unharmed and made it to school. Police later learned that "he wanted to walk to school and bolted saying he knew the way."
- At 8:17 a.m., police responded to a report of a low-hanging wire near the intersection of Clifton Avenue and Rockcliff Road. The Electric Light Department reportedly sent someone to check on it.
- At 8:27 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Farrell Court.
- At 9:08 a.m., a Central Street resident entered the police station to "speak to someone about a strange man in her neighborhood." The woman said the man "drives to her neighborhood and then parks and gets out and walks with hand-weights."
- At 11:15 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Humphrey Street.
- At 12:07 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue. They found that an "aggressive dog seemed to be protecting the premises just fine."
- At 12:14 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Nonatum Road.
- At 12:25 p.m., a motorist in a 2002 Mercedes Mountaineer was given a verbal warning for committing a crosswalk violation on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 12:56 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue.
- At 1:24 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Pleasant Lane.
- At 1:29 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle complaint on Front Street.
- At 1:50 p.m., A Washington Street woman called police to complain about a neighbor. Police reportedly told the woman they are well-aware of the situation and have filed reports with the NSES, COA and the Disabled Persons Protection Commission.
- At 1:54 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a woman on Lafayette Street.
- At 2:01 p.m., a motorist in a 1995 Ford was given a verbal warning on Pleasant Street for speeding and having an expired inspection sticker.
- At 3:17 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle complaint on Front Street.
- At 3:31 p.m., police responded to a report of a disabled motor vehicle on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 3:47 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious man sitting in a van on Buchanan Road. Responding officers determined that the man was a National Grid employee.
- At 4:44 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Farrell Court.
- At 7:03 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
Wednesday, Sept. 12:
- 6:27 a.m., a motorist in a 2010 Hyundai Sonata was ticketed for running the stop sign at the intersection of Spring and Pleasant streets.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.