Police Log: Suspicious Man Watches Cat
This is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police log from Friday, July 16, through Sunday, July 18 at 6 a.m.
- At 5:55 p.m. Friday, Mark Robert Carbone, 55, 5R Evans Road, Marblehead, was arrested and charged with trespassing on Evans Road.
- At 9:05 p.m. Friday, a woman reported to police that she had been receiving annoying phone calls from someone for the past two days. Some of the calls are sexually explicit and others have no one on the line. The woman will contact Verizon to have the line trapped and follow up with the police is needed.
- At 9:41 p.m. Friday, an Atlantic Avenue resident called to say she was upset that nearby limos and vans were allowed to be left running all day and night, which is bad for the environment.
- At 7:59 a.m. Saturday, a person called to report a watermelon with a swastika carved in it was stuck on a pole on the corner of Sewall Street. Police found nothing.
- At 8:03 a.m. Saturday, a Highland Terrace woman called police to tell she saw a man sitting in a car, drinking from a plastic cup (like a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee cup). The caller said there was a black cat crossing Village Street from Highland Terrace and the man was staring at it. The caller stated she is an animal lover and was concerned it was his cat and he was going to try to catch it. She said she asked him if it was his cat and he said "noooooooooooooooooo" (long and drawn out), according to caller. The woman said the man seemed "off." The cat crossed and went down to the lower yard and then the man drove off. The caller then saw another woman in the area and alerted her.
- At 11:07 a.m. Saturday, a Leslie Cove resident reported another resident found, at 5:30 that morning, someone had thrown a metal beach chair into the ocean. He said it is slightly damaged because it hit the rocks, but that it has been recovered. He also said that a "Private Property" sign was knocked down.
- At 12:41 p.m. Saturday, Gregory L. Mitchell, 37, 57 Jessies St., Swampscott, was arrested on a warrant. The arrest was made on Atlantic Avenue.