Woman Says Ex-Husband Tried to Run Her Down While Walking
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Saturday, March 9
- At 7:53 am., police received a call from a driver on West Shore Drive who said a town truck pulled a u-turn and almost hit his vehicle.
- At 11:02 a.m., police received a report of a collapsing seawall on Spray Avenue.
- At 1:19 p.m., a locksmith reported losing a tool bag with lock picks inside. He had been working on Overlook Road and may have driven off with the bag on the roof of his vehicle.
Sunday, March 10
- At 7:13 p.m., a man came into the station and reported death threats against him by Pleasant Street tenants. Police took a report.
Monday, March 11
- At 00:07 a.m., police received a report that a Washington Street resident was locked out of his apartment. Police and firefighters responded. Access was gained through a window.
- At 3 p.m., police received a report from someone who said that each day 10-15 youth gather at the beginning of the access road on Smith Street by the Post Office and that they throw snowballs at people and use offensive language to anyone who walks by. The woman said she felt threatened by the youth and asked a Post Office employee to carry out her mail. The youth threw snowballs at the employee, the woman said.
- At 4:31 p.m., police and fire units responded to an accident at Smith and Pleasant Streets with injury.
Tuesday, March 12
- At 8:17 a.m. police received a report that a Cartier watch worth about $1,000 was stolen from a vehicle on Devereux Street.
- At 8:32 a.m., police noticed a car that looked like it had been broken into. The owner confirmed that the car had been broken into and change was stolen.
- At 3:46 p.m., a caller reported that someone tried to steal a radio from her car the night before on Rockaway Ave.
Wednesday, March 13
- At 7:59 a.m., marijuana paraphenalia was reportedly found in a locker at a Humphrey Street school.
- At 9:23 a.m., a kayaker was pulled out of the water by Winter Island.
- At 11:32 a.m., a Nonantum Road resident reported receiving a death threat over the phone.
- At 2:42 p.m., a caller wanted to register a complaint against her ex-husband. She said she was crossing the street while walking two dogs at Spring Street and Pleasant Street and her ex-husband came along and nearly ran her down. She said this has happened before. She said that if she ends up dead in a crosswalk, she wants it known that she had registered a complaint.
- At 5:51 p.m., police and firefighters responded to a kitchen fire on Batchelder Road