Pedestrian Struck, Injured on Elm Street
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, Dec. 7:
- At 8:59 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint at the intersection of Tedesco Street and Lindbergh Road.
- At 11:17 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Lucia Road.
- At 12:12 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Pleasant Street.
- At 1:39 p.m., a woman called police to report losing a crystal pendant earring during the Christmas Walk.
- At 2:35 p.m., a Broughton Road woman called police to report that her daughter was stealing her medication and was threatening to steal other things, including her TV.
- At 2:51 p.m., an Orne Street woman called police to report that her car was keyed overnight.
- At 3:55 p.m., police were alerted to a cracked manhole cover on Pond Street.
- At 4:17 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that his interlock device wasn't working and he wanted to get a breathalyzer test to prove that he hadn't been drinking.
- At 4:44 p.m., police responded to a report of an erratic operator near the intersection of Leggs Hill Road and Tedesco Street.
- At 5:54 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle at the intersection of Elm and Green streets. The pedestrian was reportedly transported to Salem Hospital.
- At 10:04 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man trying to pick a fight at Village Plaza.
Saturday, Dec. 8:
- At 5:46 a.m., police assisted an 86-year-old woman on Rowland Street who was having difficulty breathing.
- At 9:30 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Cliff Street.
- At 10:02 a.m., police received word that a manhole cover came off on Longview Drive.
- At 11:45 a.m., police received a report of a dead skunk at the intersection of West Shore Drive and Rainbow Road.
- At 11:59 a.m., a resident entered the police station to turn over ammunition for destruction.
- At 12:37 p.m., a Farrell Court woman called police to report that her brother needed to go to detox. The man was later transported to the hospital.
- At 2:23 p.m., police conducted a school residency check on Pond Street.
- At 3:41 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Atlantic Avenue involving a Ford Edge and a Toyota Sienna.
- At 10:55 p.m., an Ocean Avenue woman called police to report that some kids had trashed her front yard and she followed them in her car to Devereux Beach. An officer determined that there was no damage to the woman's yard, just "a bag of McDonald's trash that had been previously picked up."
Sunday, Dec. 9:
- At 12:50 a.m., police received word that an erratic operator was heading into town on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 1:25 a.m., a Nicholson Street man called police to report that his girlfriend was outside and threatening to smash the window of his vehicle.
- At 6:22 a.m., police responded to Orne Street after receiving word that a 76-year-old woman had fallen and hit her head. The woman was taken to the hospital.
- At 8:15 a.m., a Nicholson Street resident called police to report that their window was smashed overnight.
- At 10:07 a.m., a Beacon Street resident called police to report that two vehicle were burglarized overnight.
- At 10:54 a.m., a Clifton Avenue woman called police to report receiving a threatening text message.
- At 12:03 p.m., an Overlook Road resident called police to report that bulbs from their Christmas lights were stolen overnight.
- At 6:10 p.m., police responded to a report of a drunk man walking down the street with an open container near the intersection of Green Street and Lincoln Avenue.
- At 6:29 p.m., police assisted a 75-year-old Beverly Avenue woman who was reportedly having chest pain.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.