Marblehead Police Charge Peabody Man With Rape
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Sunday Dec. 30:
- At 12:08 a.m., police responded to a report of four kids spinning out in a golf cart on Elm Street. Officers reportedly spoke to the kids' parents.
- At 1:42 a.m., police responded to a report of a stuck vehicle on Hillside Avenue.
- At 2:04 a.m., police responded to a report of a car driving near the intersection of Sargent Road and Ocean Avenue with its "back end hanging out." The driver was returned home to their parent and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At 2:10 a.m., police responded to the intersection of Prospect and Barnard streets after receiving word that a "party has been sitting his car for the last 10 (minutes) with the horn going off." The man was transported back to Prospect Street.
- At 3:21 a.m., police responded to a report of people snow-blowing on Maverick Street.
- At 5:02 a.m., police received word that a vehicle had struck a fire hydrant on Seaview Avenue and water was leaking into the street.
- At 5:27 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Edgemere Road.
- At 5:44 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint at the intersection of Washington and Summer streets.
- At 8:39 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Lincoln Park.
- At 9:17 a.m., police received word that a manhole cover was missing on Ticehurst Lane.
- At 9:50 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Elm Street.
- At 10:25 a.m., police assisted a 90-year-old man on Lafayette Street who was reportedly having a seizure.
- At 11:03 a.m., police served a witness summons on Harris Street.
- At 11:53 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report finding a credit card on Pleasant Street.
- At 2:19 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Powder House Court.
- At 2:51 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a business on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 4:46 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 5:32 p.m., police received word that a motorist in a station wagon was operating erratically near the intersection of Humphrey Street and Clifton Avenue.
- At 5:54 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Smith Street.
- At 6:56 p.m., a man on Washington Street called police to report that his ex was drunk had their 3-year-old son. The man told police she was not supposed to be drinking and complained that she struck him. After an investigation, Alex McMaster, 38, of 8 Walnut St., Peabody, was arrested and charged with rape. The woman was later placed into protective custody.
- At 9:04 p.m., police assisted a Naugus Avenue man who was reportedly having difficulty breathing.
- At 10:21 p.m., a local priest called police to report "kids running around in between cars" at the school.
Monday, Dec. 31:
- At 1:11 a.m., police responded to a domestic dispute on Nicholson Street. Jonathan N. Brewster, 47, of 17 Nicholson St., Marblehead, was arrested on charges of domestic assault and battery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous weapon.
- At 3:23 a.m., police transported a woman from Salem Hospital to 228 Washington St.
- At 7:31 a.m., police assisted an 81-year-old Peach Highlands resident who reportedly fell and struck his head.
- At 8:53 a.m., police assisted a Cleveland Road resident who was having difficulty breathing.
- At 9:03 p.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity Atlantic Avenue.
- At 10:45 a.m., police assisted a Santry Road resident who was complaining of weakness.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.