Man Overboard Turns Out to Be Hired Boat Cleaner
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, Oct. 12:
- At 7:52 a.m., police responded to a motorcycle accident near the intersection of West Shore Drive and Cornell Road. The driver reportedly told police he slipped on leaves.
- At 8:47 a.m., a resident entered the police station with a "high-definition set-top with multi-stream CableCard Interface" he found on Ocean Avenue.
- At 9:55 a.m., a State Street resident entered the police station to file a general complaint.
- At 9:58 a.m., a resident entered the police station to complain about a "traffic jam caused by Anti-Obama protestors" on Pleasant Street. Police determined that no hazard was being created and the protestors were on the sidewalk.
- At 10:24 a.m., a resident called police to report that a man had "fallen into the water and was hanging from a boat" in the center of Marblehead Harbor. The Harbormaster and the US Coast Guard were reportedly notified and police and fire units responded to the State Street Landing. The man turned out to be a hired diver who was cleaning boats for the Boston Yacht Club.
- At 11:11 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 11:32 a.m., police received word that a wire was down on Jersey Street.
- At 2:37 p.m., police responded to a report of a large crowd "at the gate" near Marblehead High School on Humphrey Street.
- At 2:56 p.m., a resident entered the police station with a Kindle found at a store on Bessom Street.
- At 3:17 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Cliff Street.
- At 3:20 p.m., an officer reportedly noticed an erratic skateboarder skating in an out of traffic on Smith Street.
- At 4:32 p.m., police were alerted to a disabled motor vehicle on Pleasant Street.
- At 5:09 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pinecliff Drive.
- At 9:40 p.m., the Athletic Director at Marblehead High School called police to report vandalism in the locker room and weight room that he believes happened at halftime of the football game. The school reportedly recorded someone going into and leaving the locker room.
- At 9:55 p.m., a wallet discovered on Peach Highlands was turned over to police.
- At 10:19 p.m., police responded to a report of a loud group on State Street.
Saturday, Oct. 13:
- At 7:58 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report finding a Visa card on Village Street.
- At 8:48 a.m., a resident called police to report a suspicious SUV driving slowly near the intersection of Beverly Avenue and West Shore Drive.
- At 9:49 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on School Street.
- At 10:03 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint near the intersection of Cottage and Commercial streets.
- At 12:39 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Brookhouse Drive.
- At 1:31 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Prince and Pleasant streets involving a 1998 Volvo S70 and a 2003 Toyota Corolla.
- At 2:09 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Village Street. 11 motor vehicles were reportedly ticketed.
- At 3:26 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Harris Street.
- At 3:57 p.m., a woman called police to report a man drinking in a white truck and making racial comments on Ocean Avenue. Police were unable to locate a vehicle matching the description given.
- At 5:24 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that her daughter was receiving threatening messages on her phone.
- At 8:58 p.m., a State Street woman entered the police station to speak with an officer about "her landlord going into her house."
- At 9:23 p.m., police responded to a 911 hang-up from Ferry Lane.
Sunday, Oct. 14:
- At 12:03 p.m., a man on Evans Road called police to report that someone took off his side-view mirror while he was sitting in his car and then kept going.
- At 1:30 p.m., a Front Street resident entered the police station to report receiving a threat from his ex-girlfriend's current husband on Skype.
- At 3:01 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 4:36 p.m., an employee at the House of Pizza called police to report "a female who was so hammered she couldn't even walk got into a car and took off toward Atlantic outbound."
- At 5:23 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 5:33 p.m., a West Cottage Street woman entered the police station to report that her tires were slashed.
- At 6:43 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Colgate Road.
- At 7:27 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Corinthian Lane.
Monday, Oct. 15:
- At 6:54 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Atlantic and Rockaway avenues involving a 2002 Mercedes Sable and a 2010 Subaru Impreza.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.