Man Locks Himself Inside Transfer Station
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Saturday, Aug. 18:
- At 9:03 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 9:30 a.m., a woman called police to report losing a black iPhone on Washington Street.
- At 9:46 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
- At 9:56 a.m., police received word that the snack shed at Marblehead Veterans Middle School was broken into overnight and that two coffee makers and the cash box were taken.
- At 10:46 a.m., police assisted an Abbot View residents.
- At 10:54 a.m., police received an accidental 911 call.
- At 3:45 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that there was a man in a red shirt standing by the bus stop on Pleasant Street "yelling at women."
- At 3:54 p.m., a man called police to report that he ended up locked in at the transfer station while getting compost. A town employee reportedly let the man out of the building.
- At 6:53 p.m., a man called police to report that a cruiser drove by him and clipped his mirror at the intersection of Ocean and Atlantic avenues. The man said there was "no damage, it's just a little scratched" and he just wanted the incident noted.
- At 8:36 p.m., police responded to a report of "explosions" coming from the area of Waterside Cemetery.
- At 8:48 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Humphrey Street.
- At 9:19 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Trager Road.
- At 10:23 p.m., police conducted a well-being check at a home on Stratford Road.
- At 10:58 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle near a playground on West Shore Drive.
- At 11:37 p.m., a motorist was ticketed for running a stop sign on Pleasant Street.
- At 11:56 p.m., police received word that one of the doors at Marblehead High School had been shattered.
Sunday, Aug. 19:
- At 12:04 a.m., police responded to a report of a loud party at the intersection of Sewall and Bowden streets.
- At 12:26 a.m., police received multiple calls regarding fireworks on Fader Place.
- At 12:34 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Washington Street.
- At 2:45 a.m., local officers received word that members of the Salem Police Department were looking for a stolen 2003 Honda Accord last seen in the area of Bridge Street.
- At 3:12 a.m., a woman on Wyman Road called police to report that she "heard a loud bang and then a (man) was standing on her porch." Benjamin W. Martin, 29, of 114 Woodmill Road, East Windsor, N.J., was placed in protective custody and later released to his mother.
- At 4:34 a.m., police received multiple reports of fireworks in the area of Leggs Hill Road.
- At 5:57 a.m., a resident on Ocean Avenue called police to report that it appeared someone threw a rock at his 2010 Volkswagen GTI sometime overnight.
- At 6:10 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Cedar Street.
- At 8:35 a.m., a wallet found on Fader Place was turned over to police.
- At 9:46 a.m., a woman called police to report losing her purse on Pleasant Street sometime Saturday night.
- At 12:21 p.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident on Gilbert Heights Road involving a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2004 Honda Accord.
- At 1:18 p.m., a man entered the police station with a motorcycle helmet the fell off of a motorcycle that was traveling in front of him on West Shore Drive. The helmet was reportedly tagged at the station.
- At 1:26 p.m., police responded to a report of a man "giving the lot attendant a hard time" at Devereux Beach.
- At 2:00 p.m., a resident called police to report losing a paycheck on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 2:08 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Ferry Lane.
- At 3:36 p.m., a man on Garfield Street called police to report that "items were taken from his property within the last week."
- At 5:39 p.m., a woman called police to report that her pocketbook was taken from her 2011 Mercedes E550 and also that a "heavy white substance (was) put in it."
- At 6:03 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Puritan Road.
- At 6:25 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report that the front license plate on his 1994 Honda Accord was stolen while parked in New York City on Friday.
- At 9:06 p.m., police responded to a report of a loud party on Orne Street.
- At 11:04 p.m., police responded to a report of fireworks on Ocean Avenue.
Monday, Aug. 20:
- At 12:23 a.m., police responded to a report of a loud party on High Street.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.