Man Burned in Grilling Accident on Kimball Street
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, Aug. 23:
- At 8:40 a.m., police received word that Chandler Hovey Park had been vandalized overnight. Someone reportedly "took vodka and beer bottles and pizza boxes and tossed them all over the pavilion. They also smashed and ripped off the magnetic men's room door."
- At 8:49 a.m., a motorist was stopped on Wallace Road because his 1999 Chevy Prizm was producing a "thick plume of smoke."
- At 11:38 a.m., police were notified that a trailer would be parked overnight on Tufts Street.
- At 12:39 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Locust Street.
- At 1:35 p.m., a woman called police to report that she lost her checkbook on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 2:09 p.m., a man called police to report that two nine-gallon gas tanks, which were full, had been stolen from his boat.
- At 2:47 p.m., police received word that a truck pulled down some wires on Buena Vista Road.
- At 2:54 p.m., a resident called police to report a large rock on the roadway on Maple Street.
- At 4:04 p.m., police responded to a report of drug activity on Phillips Street.
- At 4:27 p.m., a resident on Redstone Lane called police to report that there were "kids on his boat that don't belong there."
- At 5:55 p.m., police received word that a window had been broken on Dodge Road.
- At 6:04 p.m., a Maverick Street woman called police to report that her 23-year-old son with mental health issues was abusing alcohol and she wanted officers to convince him to go to the hospital. The man later agreed to go to the hospital.
- At 6:33 p.m., a person renting a home on Kimball Street called police to ask for information regarding the nearest hospital. Although they initially declined police, fire and ambulance assistance, the caller said a propane grill had blown up in a man's face and they were trying to convince him to seek medical attention. The injured man was eventually taken to the hospital by ambulance with facial burns.
- At 7:46 p.m., police received word that a disabled motor vehicle was blocking the entrance to Crosby's Market.
- At 8:18 p.m., a resident on Maverick Street called police to report ongoing problems with kids partying.
- At 9:29 p.m., a woman on Bayview Road called police to report that she came home and found her cellar door open. Officers reportedly checked the woman's home.
- At 11:02 p.m., a resident on Lighthouse Lane called police to report that a car had gotten stuck on the curbing and the occupants were "sketchy" and one man was "offering people candy to assist him."
- At 11:25 p.m., a Sagamore Road woman called police to report that she went out to walk her dog and found "a man sitting on a bike on her lawn smoking a cigarette."
Friday, Aug. 24:
- At 12:38 a.m., police responded to a report of a loud party on Ida Road.
- At 1:25 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Washington Street.
- At 2:15 a.m., police responded to a report of someone "doing weird stuff" and spraypainting the sidewalk on Pleasant Street. Gleb Dozorets, 21, of 150 Pleasant St., Marblehead, was arrested on charges of tagging property, defacing property and carrying a dangerous weapon (knife). Click Here for our full story.
- At 4:15 a.m., a man on Pleasant Street called police to report that his son was acting "crazy and violent."
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.