Local Woman Arrested for OUI, Leaving the Scene
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday, Nov. 1:
- At 7:57 a.m., police and fire personnel responded to a report of a motor vehicle crash involving a 2007 Mercedes GL4 and a 2010 Kia Sorento on Pleasant Street. The Department of Public Works was called to cover fluid in the street with sand and one of the drivers was issued a citation for her role in the crash.
- At 8:10 a.m., a local crosswalk monitor called police to report that for the second time in two weeks a man drove through the intersection of Jersey Street and West Shore Drive while she held her sign straight in front of him. The woman said the last time he did it she was unable to get his license plate. The woman said the man "looked right at her and turned right" while she was helping someone cross.
- At 9:16 a.m., the man involved in the above log entry was tracked down and spoken to about the crosswalk issue from earlier in the morning.
- At 10:47 a.m., a motorist was given a verbal warning for a crosswalk violation at the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Gerry Street.
- At 10:52 a.m., a Sevinor Road woman entered the police station to report that several items were missing from her house and she suspects her cleaners.
- At 12:18 p.m., a local resident called police to report a hit and run on Washington Street.
- At 3:29 p.m., a Linden Street man called police to report that he believes his neighbor is "beating up his mother." A local officer later entered the police station with a note that she said was written by a neighbor stating "If you continue to play games mom will give me the money to smoke you."
- At 4:06 p.m., a Pickett Street resident called police to report that while he was moving he lost a large gray duffle bag containing sweaters.
- At 6:54 p.m., firefighters responded to Farrell Court after it was reported that a tenant could "smell something burning downstairs but couldn't raise anyone." The source of the smoke was later discovered to be burnt food.
- At 9:11 p.m., Jennifer E. DiGiammarino, 45, of 1 Haley Road, Marblehead, was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.