Local Man Assaults Police Following Alleged Drug Deal on Pleasant Street
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Saturday, July 14:
- At 8:33 a.m., an Atlantic Avenue business owner called police to report that her planter was recently vandalized.
- At 10:07 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint at the intersection of Alexander Circle and Green Street.
- At 10:16 a.m., a woman called police to report recently losing a ring with a three carat emerald surrounded by 14 diamonds. The ring was reportedly valued at $29,000. The woman's husband told police that she is "getting forgetful."
- At 10:26 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Sewall Street.
- At 11:44 a.m., police responded to a complaint about a vehicle speeding on Manley Street.
- At 12:15 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report losing a black Nextel flip-phone in town while on a trash route.
- At 1:54 p.m., police responded to a report of a drug deal on the sidewalk on Pleasant Street. Ron J. Mastronardi, 66, of 128 Pleasant St., apt. 1, was arrested on a charge of possessing a class B substance with intent to distribute, subsequent offense; committing a drug violation near a school or park; possessing a class E substance; assault and battery on a police officer and possessing a class B substance, subsequent offense. Also arrested was Marcey G. Snow, 50, of 10 Sevinor Road, Marblehead, for possessing a class B substance.
- At 4:25 p.m., a resident entered the police station to report "small theft."
- At 6:48 p.m., a Peter Circle resident called police to report that their neighbor's front door was "open all day." Police checked the house and found that nothing was out of place.
- At 6:50 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ticehurst Lane.
- At 7:19 p.m., a resident on Ocean Avenue called police to report that an older man was taking pictures of two teen boys at Castle Rock. The caller said the group matched the description of those involved in a possible child abduction attempt last week.
- At 10:07 p.m., police responded to a report of a loud group on Phillips Street.
- At 10:41 p.m., police conducted a building check on Whittier Road.
- At 10:54 p.m., police were flagged down by a local resident who told them people were drinking outside of Maddie's Sail Loft on State Street.
Sunday, July 15:
- At 12:24 a.m., police responded to a report of two men in a backyard on Waldron Court who were hitting a car and doing damage. Both men were placed in protective custody.
- At 2:53 a.m., a Lee Street resident called police to report motorcycles racing on the street.
- At 10:47 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious men near Robert Road.
- At 1:27 p.m., a Stacey Street resident called police to report vandalism.
- At 3:53 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call on Lafayette Street.
- At 7:10 p.m., a Fountain Inn Lane resident called police to report that a woman he doesn't know was sleeping in his hammock. The woman was reportedly staying with neighbors and "misunderstood about the hammock."
- At 7:27 p.m., police responded to a report of a woman screaming in the street on West Shore Drive.
Monday, July 16:
- At 1:18 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report that their "lights upstairs were going on and off" and the vehicle in their driveway had their flashers activated. The resident also said they saw someone running through their front yard.
- At 7:00 a.m., police assisted with the closure of the intersection of Pleasant Street and Ocean Avenue while a crosswalk was painted.
If you have a question about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.