Local Man Arrested on Lafayette Street
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, Dec. 13:
- At 8:25 a.m., police and fire units responded to a reported structure fire on McKinley Road. Click Here for our full story.
- At 10:04 a.m., police responded to a reported road rage incident at the intersection of Lafayette Street and Everett Paine Boulevard.
- At 10:14 a.m., police assisted with the transport of a 97-year-old man who fell on Rowland Street.
- At 12:16 p.m., a resident called police to report that they followed a black car that was "flying through the small streets of Marblehead" and attempted to speak to the driver near The Landing.
- At 12:39 p.m., police responded to a report of an attempted phone scam on Valley Road.
- At 1:59 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on School Street.
- At 2:07 p.m., police attempted to serve a summons on Elm Street.
- At 2:30 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Central Street.
- At 5:08 p.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Tedesco Street and Leggs Hill Road involving a Honda Civic and a Jeep Wrangler.
- At 5:26 p.m., an Ocean Avenue woman called police to report that someone threw a milk carton onto her yard.
- At 5:37 p.m., police stopped a cyclist at the intersection of Lafayette Street and Dartmouth Road. William Osterstruck, 39, of 57 Deverex St., Marblehead, was arrested for having three outstanding non-Marblehead warrants.
- At 6:26 p.m., a local student entered the police station with his parents to report that he was assaulted by another student at Marblehead Community Charter Public School.
- At 6:50 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from an elevator on Tedsco Street.
- At 7:06 p.m., a Pleasant Street woman called police to report that her 29-year-old son was suicidal, high on heroin, and had just fled the house. A be-on-the-look-out alert was sent out among area departments.
- At 7:12 p.m., police responded to a report of a resident having difficulty breathing on Humphrey Street. The person was transported to the hospital.
- At 8:43 p.m., a Broughton Road resident called police to report "kids banging on widows and trying to get in his house."
Friday, Dec. 14:
- At 1:58 a.m., a resident called police to explain who her vehicle was parked on the side of Rowland Street during the parking ban.
- At 5:18 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Widger Road.
- At 7:01 a.m., police conducted a residency check on Beverly Avenue.
If you have a question about this log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.