Local Cat Dials 911
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Wednesday, March 7:
- At 8:14 a.m., a Susan Road man called police to report that someone was cutting their neighbor's trees and the branches were falling into their yard.
- At 8:43 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 9:19 a.m., a Pilgrim Road resident called police to report being the victim of identity theft.
- At 9:29 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Jersey Street.
- At 10:29 a.m., a motorist on the causeway called police to report that a green Jeep had almost hit her as she headed into town and she could see that the driver was texting.
- At 10:41 a.m., a local man called police to report that a student at Marblehead High School had parked a 2004 Audi SE in front of a fire hydrant on Devereux Street. The vehicle was later ticketed.
- At 12:14 p.m., police received word that a slide at Eveleth School had been damaged and slurs had been drawn all over it with permanent marker. The slurs were successfully removed before students went out for recess.
- At 12:44 p.m., a Green Street Court woman called police to report ongoing problems with one of her neighbors.
- At 1:53 p.m., a Darling Street man entered the police station to report that he felt he was being targeted by a neighbor who claimed to have video taped him dumping a can of cigarette butts out on her lawn.
- At 3:04 p.m., a tenant on Alexander Circle called police to report that the owner of the home broke into his apartment and was "threatening to kill him."
- At 3:20 p.m., a State Street man called police to request that a cruiser come by because he was having trouble with a first-floor neighbor. The man said his neighbor walked into his apartment, started "giving his son a hard time" and tried to push his mother down a set of steps.
- At 3:29 p.m., a Cowell Street woman called police to report that she found a nail in her tire and she "felt it was intentional."
- At 5:42 p.m., a Trager Road woman called police to report receiving a call from a suspected scammer who claimed to be from the DEA.
- At 7:05 p.m., police received two 911 calls from a home on Pleasant Street and all they could hear were numbers being pressed. Responding officers were told the "cat did it."
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.