13-Year-Old Arrested for Driving
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, July 13:
- At 8:22 a.m., police responded to a report of an injured cyclist who reportedly fell from their bike on Atlantic Avenue. The cyclist was reportedly taken by ambulance to Salem Hospital.
- At 8:42 a.m., a local man entered the police station to report losing a black motorcycle glove.
- At 9:52 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident on Community Road involving a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse and a 2008 Honda Civic.
- At 9:57 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Elm Street.
- At 10:34 a.m., police and fire units responded to a reported rollover accident at the intersection of Smith and Pleasant streets involving a 2008 Subaru Legacy and a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- At 11:32 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Baldwin Road.
- At 12:17 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on School Street.
- At 12:19 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on Nonatum Road.
- At 1:30 p.m., a motorist on Waldron Court called police to report that they had backed into and damaged a wooden planter.
- At 1:55 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint at the intersection of Front Street and Ferry Lane.
- At 5:29 p.m., police responded to a report of "water coming from (a) sewer cover" on Sewall Street. The Water & Sewer Department was reportedly notified.
- At 8:47 p.m., police responded to a report of five men trying to cut the rope gate on Phillips Street. The men were gone when police arrived.
- At 11:06 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Preston Beach Road. The woman said she was trying to call Mexico.
- At 11:41 p.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Intrepid Circle.
Saturday, July 14:
- At 1:37 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Stevens Road.
- At 2:53 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Summer Street.
- At 4:52 a.m., police reportedly stopped a 1999 Toyota Camry on Atlantic Avenue and arrested the 13-year-old driver on charges of using a motor vehicle without authority, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and negligent operation of a motor vehicle.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.