Lewd Act Reported on Ocean Avenue
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Aug. 22:
- At 8:02 a.m., police assisted a Bartlett Street man with locating family members who had left for Maine on Tuesday and hadn't checked in yet.
- At 8:14 a.m., a Water Department employee reportedly found a set of Toyota car keys in the middle of Pleasant Street.
- At 8:53 a.m., police responded to a parking complaint near the intersection of Franklin and Washington streets.
- At 9:33 a.m., police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of School and Essex streets involving a 2004 Ford Escape and a 2005 Volvo SE S60.
- At 11:11 a.m., a sergeant with the Lynn Police Department called the police station to ask if local police were familiar with a local resident. Lynn police said the man "keeps sending envelopes with letters and cash in them" and a message saying "thanks for the protection." Local police reportedly provided Lynn officers with the man's cell phone number and work address so they could return the money.
- At 12:30 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Londonderry Road.
- At 12:45 p.m., police responded to a report of a minor car accident on Hawkes Street involving a 2009 Jeep Wrangler and a 2008 Honda Accord.
- At 1:04 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
- At 1:04 p.m., a resident called police to report losing a set of glasses near the intersection of Norman and Beacon streets.
- At 1:32 p.m., a woman called police to report that she had left a set of keys on the roof of her car and drove off.
- At 2:53 p.m., a man called police to report losing a green nylon wallet at Seaside Park sometime Tuesday night.
- At 5:54 p.m., a resident called police to report seeing "a man smoking weed while walking" on Pleasant Street. Police were unable to locate the man, who was described as wearing tan shorts and a navy blue and red shirt.
- At 6:51 p.m., a woman on Ocean Avenue called police to complain about a man who has been hanging around on the rocks outside of her house. The woman said the man acts very strange and "masturbates while looking at her window." The woman said she photographed the man and wanted to give it to police. The man wasn't in the area when officers arrived.
- At 7:33 p.m., a Bubier Road woman called police to ask if police would recover a camera that was left at her husband's ex-wife's house.
- At 8:12 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music near the intersection of Bassett and Nicholson streets.
- At 10:38 p.m., a motorist was ticketed for speeding on Central Street.
Thursday, Aug. 23:
- At 12:31 a.m., a vehicle on Pleasant Street was towed and the driver cited for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
- At 1:02 a.m., police responded to a report of suspicious activity on Pond Street.
- At 1:24 a.m.,npolice responded to a domestic disturbance on Lincoln Avenue.
- At 1:52 a.m., police responded to a noise complaint on Sewall Street.
- At 3:09 a.m., a man entered the police station to report that his car had been towed from his spot onto the street while he was away due to a paving project and he wanted to know how to appeal the ticket.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.