Laughing Baby Dials 911
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, Jan. 11:
- At 8:42 a.m., a daughter was on the scene on Jane Road with her father who was having a medication problem and was resisting efforts to get him to the hospital.
- At 9:07 a.m., police received word that a bicycle had been at The Neck end of the causeway for several days. DPW was notified. The bike was brought to the police station.
- At 10:34 a.m., police investigated a report that something was floating in the water. It floated toward Leggs Hill Road. It turned out it was part of a dock.
- At 2:12 p.m., police received a complaint that cars on Stacey Street were not being ticketed for parking overnight.
- At 3:34 p.m., police received a report from Brown Street that five kids were on a private pond. Caller feared they would fall through the ice. Police officer yelled for them to get off the pond but the kids ignored the call. The officer was to go into the area via the bird sanctuary.
- At 6:39 p.m., police received a 911 call. A baby was on the line laughing and hitting numbers. The call was confirmed to be accidental.
- At 8:42 p.m., a Powder House Court woman called and said she got yelled at by a young guy who lives in the neighbrohood.
Saturday, Jan. 12:
- At 8:43 a.m., police responded to a report that a window on a car was smashed on West Shore Drive. A diaper bag with a wallet inside it was taken from the car. Police found the diaper bag and the wallet in the yard next door. The wallet's contents were in it except for $100.
- At 11:24 a.m., police responded to a report of a car being rear-ended on Humphrey Street and Countryside Lane.
- At 11:41, a car break-in was reported on Naugus Avenue. A stolen purse was located on Naugus Avenue in the yard. The wallet was missing.
- At 5:37 p.m., a hit-and-run was reported on Smith Street by Richdale's.
- At 5:45 p.m., a caller reported that a man in a Marine uniform was waving around a large knife. It was a Kabar knife and was taken away for the night.
- At 6:37 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a tour bus on fire on Tedesco Street. The fire was extinguished with a fire extinguisher.
Sunday, Jan. 13:
- At 0008, police receive a be-on-the-lookout call for a Ford F-150 pickup with front-end damage. It reportedly hit a utility pole on Lafayette Street.
- At 0027, police received a report of a loud party on Birch Street.
- At 11:19 a.m., a person from Schooner Ridge reported that his cell phone was stolen from his car on Friday night.
- At 12:16 p.m., police received a report that on Bessom Street a girlfriend struck a male several times with a wine bottle the night before, and kicked him in the crotch and punched him several times that morning.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.