Kids Tamper with Do Not Enter Sign
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department, where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Thursday, April 26:
- At 8:22 a.m., a Beacon Street resident called police to report that someone dumped four bags of leaves in the conservation land across from her home.
- At 12:06 p.m., police attempted to serve a summons to a Hawkes Street resident.
- At 4:10 p.m., a Green Street woman called police to report that she had been defrauded of $600. The woman said she found an advertisement for an apartment and sent in a $600 deposit only to find it was a fake.
- At 4:13 p.m., an Elm Street woman called police to report that a kid was driving up and down Elm Street in a golf cart.
- At 4:28 p.m., a Heritage Way resident called police to report that a couple of kids had taken out the 'Do Not Enter' sign and were attempting to put it back into the ground. The DPW was notified and repaired the sign.
- At 5:02 p.m., a Mechanic Court woman entered the police station to report that "late at night she has been hearing noises" that she thinks is someone trying to break into her house.
- At 5:11 p.m., a Cliff Street resident called police to complain about skateboarders.
- At 10:27 p.m., police received a complaint regarding a motorist who was reportedly driving 12 mph inbound on Humphrey Street.
Friday, April 27:
- At 2:11 a.m., a Lighthouse Lane resident called police to report that an RV motor home was parked at Chandler Hovey Park. The home was later cleared from the area.
- At 6:57 a.m., a Creesy Street resident called police to report that she heard her neighbor "screaming at her grandson." Police found that the woman was upset about an overflowing toilet.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.